Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget


 

Kwesi Arthur ‘hurt me’ so badly; an exposé would ruin his career – Efia Odo




A feud has been noted in the public eye between erstwhile friends Kwesi Arthur and Efia Odo.



In an episode on her podcast, a guest asked social media influencer Efia Odo why she was no longer friends with Kwesi Arthur, a rap star who previously enjoyed immense public support from her.



In response, Efia Odo opened up about how her friendship with Kwesi Arthur soured.



“Yes, I was supporting him, and you know friends – like me and Shatta Wale – things happened. I’m sure you have friends you were [once] cool with [that] you are no longer cool with because they did something to hurt you,” the socialite-turned-rapper said.

Odo intimated her grievance with Arthur was so grave, it could negatively impact his likeability and legacy, if revealed.

“Kwesi [Arthur] did something to hurt me and I don’t want to say it here because, at the end of the day, I also respect him as a person and his image, and I don’t want to dirty his name or anything because if I was to say anything it’d really dirty him but I won’t. So it was that… It came to an end,” she said.

“So when it came to an end, I stopped the support, because why should I still be supporting someone who f–ked me over?” she quizzed.

| Rapper and singer-songwriter Kwesi Arthur

Efia Odo observed how Arthur cutting ties with his record label, his career taking a hit as a consequence, and the end of their friendship coincided. This, she noted, unfortunately gave rise to a rumour that she had jinxed the rapper.

“It’s so funny that when he and I stopped being friends, when I stopped supporting him, and then he left his label Ground Up Chale, that’s when his music [took a hit], things weren’t really going well, so they gave me this tag as ‘bad luck’.



“That’s why they say I’m ‘bad luck’ and it’s me that caused Kwesi Arthur’s music career to go on a decline but his music hasn’t gone on a decline,” Efia Odo said, wondering: “Am I this powerful?”



This disclosure and the promotional tape for the latest episode of the Rants, Bants and Confessions podcast, has greatly angered Kwesi Arthur. The US-based rapper has threatened legal action if Efia Odo does not desist from naming him publicly.

The Fefe Ne Fe hitmaker also cryptically advised young men against promiscuity.

Efia Odo appeared in the music video for Kwesi Arthur's Nobody hit with Mr Eazi.



Efia Odo famously wore a provocative sheer dress to Kwesi Arthur's Son of Jacob album launch in 2022.



Efia Odo has always maintained she was just friends with Kwesi Arthur.

Post a Comment

0 Comments